Not only does TypeOut provide an extremely high quality service, but it also does so at an affordable rate.
See the table below for a list of our various services, turnaround times and the corresponding guide pricing.
How much do we charge?
(5-7 working days)
(4 working days)
(1- 3 days)
|Audio transcription (1 voice)||£1.05 per audio minute||£1.20 per audio minute||£1.35 per audio minute|
|Audio transcription (2 voices)||£1.10 per audio minute||£1.30 per audio minute||£1.45 per audio minute|
|Audio transcription (3-5 voices)||£1.25 per audio minute||£1.45 per audio minute||£1.50 per audio minute|
|Audio transcription (6-9 voices)||£1.40 per audio minute||£1.60 per audio minute||£1.70 per audio minute|
|Audio transcription (10+ voices)||£1.45 per audio minute||£1.75 per audio minute||£1.90 per audio minute|
|Verbatim||+£0.20 per audio minute|
|Medical terminology||additional fees may apply|
|Poor quality recordings –
which includes strong foreign or regional accents
|additional fees may apply|
|Identifying individual voices (focus groups and meetings)||additional fees may apply|
|Timecode||+£0.20 per audio minute|
* IMPORTANT information:
- Prices are subject to V.A.T.
- All turnaround times are subject to availability and may change without notice.
- Turnaround times do not include weekends or public holidays but may be arranged on request.
- Prices and turnaround times are subject to recordings being of a professional quality, with no background noise and without strong foreign or regional accents - our management team will determine this. We will advise you immediately if additional charges will be applied.
- There may be a minimum charge of £15.00 for short one off audio files.
- If errors are made by TypeOut they will be amended free of charge provided the work is returned to us within 24 hours of the client receiving it. Extra amendments or additions made by the client will be charged at £15.00 per hour.
- All work is transcribed in intelligent verbatim (with or without slang) unless otherwise agreed. Different types of transcription can of course be accommodated, although there will be additional charges. Please contact us to discuss this further.
- All our typists proof read their own work which produces a high standard of work. If you require further proof reading, this is available at an extra charge of £1.00 per audio minute.
Types of transcription include:
Intelligent verbatim transcription with/without slang – the transcript reads easily and clearly with all relevant information but false starts/repeated words may be omitted.
Verbatim transcription – as above but including errs, umms, repetitions, laughter in brackets, words typed as said eg “cos” “gonna” “wanna” – please add 20p per audio minute.
Discourse analysis – verbatim transcription showing all repetitions, stuttering, pauses, coughs, laughter, tone of voice. Pauses will be shown as short (.), medium pause (..) long pause (…), (cough) (laughter) etc – please add 40p per audio minute.
Please add 20p per audio minute for time coded transcriptions.