Thank you for your interest in TypeOut and we are always seeking highly skilled audio typists to join our team.
TypeOut began in 2008 and provides a reliable, accurate and efficient transcription service to many business sectors. We have established long term business relationships with blue chip organisations, local authorities, police forces, central government and many universities,as well as small businesses. Our client base grows weekly and the nature of the work is exciting, interesting and varied.
We are currently seeking, experienced, self employed, home based audio typists / transcribers.
The most important skill required is that you need to be accurate and reliable.
There are many benefits when working with us:
Choose your hours
Work any day or take time off at short notice
Self employed – you can work for several different companies at the same time
Work from the comfort of your own home
If you would like a flexible home based, freelance audio typing job then please continue reading.
The majority of our work is as follows:
- One to one interviews
- Focus groups (multiple speakers)
- Legal work including PACE interviews
- Medical reports and letters
- Dictation – including surveyors reports
In order to join our team you will need the following:
- We only accept highly experienced typists who are currently working for other transcription organisations
- Must be “self employed” and have a UTR number from HMRC
- A computer and a good broadband internet connection as well as email
- Have your own digital transcription equipment, this includes a USB foot pedal and software
- Good quality headphones
- English MUST be your native language
- Minimum audio typing speed of 75wpm
- A high standard of English grammar
- Knowledge of search engines – will be required to search for words during the transcription process
How to apply:
- Do not apply by telephone – we only accept online applications
- Simply fill in our online application form and remember to attach your c.v.
- Click here to apply …>
- Alternatively email your C.V. to email@example.com
- Your C.V and application form will be reviewed by our recruitment team and if successful you will receive an email asking you to complete a typing test.
- If you pass the test then you will be sent a confidentiality agreement to sign and on receipt of this you will start receiving job notifications.
- There are no fees when joining TypeOut
- Due to the nature of outsourcing, there is no guarantee of regular work or income but we are always very busy
- If you are DBS (CRB) cleared please let us know – some jobs require this