Confidentiality is our highest priority. Only the directors at TypeOut have access to all client files. All our staff sign a confidentiality agreement document, and only have access to the files we designate to them. No files are passed on to unauthorised persons or third parties. Work is kept on file for one month and then deleted, unless otherwise directed by the client. TypeOut is registered under the Data Protection Act 1988.
TypeOut Confidentiality Agreement
For the purposes of this agreement, “information” means any and all information received in whatever form in the course of my work for TypeOut.
I agree to undertake work in the capacity of a freelance typist/transcriber for TypeOut.
I hereby undertake to agree to the following:
- To hold all information, in particular confidential or sensitive information, in confidence and not to disclose or permit to be made available to any person, firm or company at any time.
- To only use the information for the permitted purpose.
- To ensure that each person to whom disclosure of information is made is fully aware in advance of their obligations under this agreement.
- That upon demand from TypeOut to return any information which I may hold.
- Not to make any duplicates or copies of any audio file or transcription unless instructed to do so by TypeOut.
- For the avoidance of doubt all information received from TypeOut is to be deemed confidential.
- I agree to delete within seven days all audio files and transcription files of any and all clients provided by TypeOut, to be deleted from hard drives, backup drives, USB media devices, network locations and email including emptying recycle bins, deleted items, sent mail and any other folder from email clients including webmail from all the above mentioned devices and applications.
- I agree not to contact TypeOut’s client(s) directly without the prior permission and consent from TypeOut.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of England and Wales in respect of any claim, dispute or difference arising out of or in connection with this agreement.
IT security is of extreme importance to TypeOut. One of our directors worked for many years within the IT security department for the MoD. With this in depth knowledge all systems that we use have been extensively tested to ensure that your work remains safe and confidential. Our systems transmit and store data via 256 bit SSL encrypted infrastructure. Your data is NOT stored on a server farm but on a single server. All information is deleted once we have received payment.